66% of Indians are considering full-time remote working options according to a study by HBR. It goes to show the openness among Indian employees to embrace the change towards remote working. In such a scenario, efforts to engage employees meaningfully is a constant effort these days. Hence, this list of 10 virtual team engagement activities will equip you with activities to add a spark to your remote team.
Why do teams needs to recreate bonds?
- To know the people they work with on a regular basis
- To build an atmosphere of trust and psychological safety
- To increase the sense of belonging in a physically distant setting
- To feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and encouraged
Enter your details to access the file
More Ideas to Engage your Virtual Team
- Regular check-ins: Have a weekly or bi-weekly meeting where everyone checks in with each other and shares what they’re working on. This is a great way to stay up to date on everyone’s progress and to identify any potential areas of concern.
- Social events: Organize social events that everyone can participate in, even if they’re not in the same location. These events can help to build relationships and create a sense of community within the team.
- Recognize achievements: Make sure to recognize achievements, big and small, as they happen. This can help to keep everyone motivated and engaged.
- Feedback sessions: Have regular feedback sessions, with team members so that the flow of communication is constant, supportive and uplifting.
- Surprise them: Who does not like surprises? Monotony is a constant danger in a remote working context. To beat this, a surpise twist can always be fun. Surprises can be in a form of a half day off, thoughtful care package, a gift card etc. The more unpredictable the better.